Friday, April 22, 2011

Headlines



Tastes like chicken!  Thats' what I thought while reading an article in the local paper about whether, in the future, insects would be our primary protein source.  I'm pretty sure I won't have to be eating bugs and grubs but I would if I had no choice.  I just don't see the need to eat them now.  Of course, they would have to be fried.  I couldn't eat a big grub right out of the ground while it's squirming.  Eeekk!

When it comes to keeping people tied to the old ball and chain, marketers and snack companies are at it again.  This time Snackwell brands is trying to reintroduce their product due to lagging sales.  They've rolled out a new marketing campaign for targeting dieting women.  The hook is pre-portion packs so you won't over indulge.  I was never much of of a cookie and snacks kind of girl but I know that opening more than one package would not hold me back from a craving.  But it's not something I worry about now.  Paleo has taken care of any snacking and over eating issues that I once had.  It's sort of miraculous in that regard but I'm not the only one that has experienced this.  I've read other Paleo bloggers report the same thing.  So, these poor ladies will think they can solve their snacking problem with these little cookie packs when really they just need to go Paleo. (Click here for the article.)