Pepita Encrusted Salmon
2 C. of pumpkin seeds, raw
2 T. olive oil
s & p to taste
Salmon fillets, skinless
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Toss the seeds in the oil and season to taste with the salt and pepper.
2. Toast in a skillet until they are lightly brown and starting to become crisp. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. Once the seeds have cooled slightly add them to a food processor and pulse until they are coarsely ground.
4. Dip the fillets in the egg wash and then dredge in the ground pepitas.
5. Cook in a hot skillet until fish is done.
* I was suppose to serve this over chili verde but I forgot to make it.
I served this with mashed rutabaga that had a few cubes of butternut squash in it and some collard greens with bacon bits and tequila soaked golden raisins.