10 Pasilla chiles
2 Ancho chiles
2 Negro chiles
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
1 small can Herdez salsa casera
2T. mexican oregano
1-2 lbs of beef stew meat
- Stem and seed the chiles then put them in a pot with about 3-4 cups of stock. When the stock begins to boils turn the heat down and let them simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile brown the beef in a dutch oven or pot then remove.
- Add the onions to the pot and saute until soft then add the garlic.
- Add the spices and beef back to the pot along with the salsa casera.
- Add the chiles and liquid to a blender and puree.
- Pour the chiles sauce into the pot and stir well.
- Cook at a low simmer for about an hour so the sauce reduces and the meat is tender.
- Serve with a big dollop of guacamole!