I made a really simple meal today from Rick Bayless's Mexican Kitchen. It was very quick and super tasty and probably one that will be added to my list of go to dishes. So without further ado.
Tomatillo Chicken & Spinach over Spaghetti Squash
3 chicken breasts, cubed
frozen spinach, thaw & remove excess liquid
2 cans Herdez tomatillo salsa
1/2 small onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, diced
1 spaghetti squash
- Cut the squash in half, lay cut side down in a dish with and inch of water. Nuke for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown chicken breast until it is cooked through. Remove from skillet
- Saute the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet along with the spinach.
- Add the tomatillo salsa and heat through.
- Serve the chicken mixture over the spaghetti squash.