Thursday, August 25, 2011

7 Spice Cauliflower

My Mom was in town visiting the other day and she knows that I love cauliflower.  So, while she was at our little co-op store she bought me a head of purple cauliflower and a head of yellow/orange cauliflower.  She's also been asking me everyday since then if I had made anything yet with them.  Well, tonight I finally did.  I decided to roast the cauliflower just like NomNomPaleo does.  I hadn't roasted cauliflower and it always looks so yummy when she puts her pics of it on her blog.  The only thing I did was change the spice.  She uses curry for her dish but I decided to go with 7 Spice simply because I had a couple of dishes last week that used curry and I wanted a break from it.  The 7 Spice was front and center in my little noodle because I emptied the package into a spice jar yesterday.  It smelled so wonderful and I knew I needed to make something with it.  The cauliflower was perfect for it!  It turned out wonderful.  Now I've got to figure out what I'm going to do with the purple cauliflower. 

I snapped a quick iPhone shot of the cauliflower (sorry but I didn't feel like hauling my camera out for it).  I tried to use my sister's Bloggie but it put a very orange hue on the photo.
Just toss the cauliflower with some oil and then add the spice (I used about 1 1/2t. of 7 spice) along with some salt and pepper.  Have your oven set a 450 degrees.  Cover the dish and roast for 15 minutes then remove the foil and stir.  Roast for another 20 minutes, taking the dish out a couple of times and tossing the florets about.