Pork in Coconut Milk
2T neutral oil, grape seed
2-3 pounds pork shoulder steak, cubed
3-4 T shallots, diced
1-2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
1T minced fresh ginger
2 cans unsweetened coconut milk
1 T. coconut aminos or tamari
salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a dutch oven. Add the pork and brown, season with the salt and pepper.
- Once pork is browned, add the shallots, jalapenos and ginger. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and coconut aminos and/or tamari. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with kale.
1-2 bunches of kale, chopped
1/2 small onion, diced
2-3 pieces of bacon, chopped
1-2 T water
- Cook the bacon bits in a large skillet until the fat has rendered and the bacon is crispy.
- Add the onion and cook until it begins to get soft.
- Toss in the kale and the water and cover the skillet. Cook for about 3-4 minutes.