Wednesday, March 23, 2011

SERENITY NOW!!!!

I feel like Frank Costanza when it comes to my computers.  Sometimes they really perturb me.  I've been having issues with connectivity with my main laptop.  It, of course, is the one that I have my pictures and editing program on.  My old crusty laptop, which was suppose to give out 2 years ago according to the Geek Squad, is still plugging along but I'm not able to connect any external devices to it.  So I'm sort of stuck with not being able to get pictures uploaded to my blog.  My sister did tell me I could use her computer so this weekend I will transfer some pics to a jump drive and use her computer to blog some dinner pics and a recipe or two.  Serenity now, insanity later.

Things have been going pretty well for me on the Paleo front.  I continue to lose weight and people are starting to notice.  I've lost that slab of fat above my butt that big folks have.  So now I've got a ba-donka instead of a ba-donka-donk.  I've noticed my gut isn't as distended as it once was.  These things are pretty exciting for me.  I've been digging out my summer clothes and decided that I'm not packing any of my winter clothing up.  I'm going to bag it up and dump it in those yellow bins they have around town for clothing collection.  I'm not planning on wearing those clothes this winter so no need to summer them in my plastic containers.  I'm not really looking forward to the money I'm going to have to shell out to get new clothes though.  Perhaps I'll go to the thrift store and see if I can pick up some inexpensive duds. 

I have to say that I did a bang up job grocery shopping yesterday.  I actually looked up the store ads online and did a price comparison so I could decide were I was going to buy my meats.  I still wasn't able to the good stuff but at least I didn't have to pay very much for the stuff I did get.  For instance, a 10 pound bag of chicken leg quarters for $3.90!  I got a couple.  I also got a pork tenderloin and ground beef as well as a few other things at a different store and save $20 on my total bill.  So it was a good day and I declared it a success. 

Oh, talking about my grocery shopping reminded me of this little dude.  At one of the stores I frequent they have a poster near the check out lanes that has a wailing child depicted on it.  I'm pretty sure it's the same kid in the above picture.  I wasn't able to find the poster online but I found this pic and I think it's the same kid.  At any rate the caption on the poster says "Don't you wish there were no candy aisles".  I have no idea what the poster is actually for but I see that poster and every time I think yep, we'd be better off if there were no candy aisle.  As a matter of fact, we'd be better off with no center aisles.  No more wailing children, throwing temper tantrums because their Moms or Dads won't get them the candy they want or worse yet when they do give in to their demands.  It reminds me of the crazy lady that went berserk in the cupcake shop or the guy that lost it at taco bell because they raised the price on his burrito.  We need some posters that have crazed adults under the caption "don't you wish there were no fast food restaurants".