1 small onion, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Reconstitute the mushrooms according to package direction. Save the water, you'll use it later.
- Brown the meat and remove from skillet leaving a thin layer of grease/oil in the pan.
- Saute the onions, garlic and poblano in the skillet that you browned the meat in.
- Add the spices when the veggies are soft and let it cook for a few minutes. Remove from the skillet and add it to the bowl containing the meat.
- Heat a little oil in a skillet and add the cauliflower, mushrooms plus the soaking liquid and wine. Cook until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the fire roasted tomatoes, veggies and meat to the cauliflower mixture and mix well. Heat through.
- Scoop the mixture into the squash and bake for 35-45 minutes.
I think I would like to use delicata squash the next time because they are smaller. I was only able to eat a 1/4 of the squash for a meal so this made 4 servings for me with a little meat mixture left over. I believe next time I'll use half the cauliflower and reduce the filling mixture by half and use one delicata.
Feel free to wing it with the ingredients. That's usually what I do when I find a recipe I want to try.
* The spice measurements are my best guess since I rarely measure my spices. Sorry if this throws you off. The main thing for me is cumin and then some paprika and just a smidge of cinnamon.