6-8 pieces of bacon, fried
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/2 t. ginger, minced1T. balsamic vinegar
1t. Red Boat fish sauce
1t. Coconut Aminos
2 scallions, chopped
2-3 pounds salmon fillet, remove the skin
1/4c. almond meal
1. Fry the bacon and set aside on a paper towel. Drain most of the grease out of the skillet.
2. Add the bell pepper to the skillet and let it cook for about 4-5 minutes of until it starts to get soft.
3. Add the garlic and ginger, stir to incorporate and let it cook about 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the balsamic vinegar and stir to coat the peppers well. Turn off heat.
5. Add the bacon to the food processor and pulse until it is in large chunks.
6. Add the red pepper mixture, fish sauce and aminos to the bacon in the food processor. (A'la Bacon Jam) Pulse until it is a fine blend. Scrape into a medium size mixing bowl.
7. Cut the salmon into large chunks and add to the food processor. Pulse until is is chopped to a medium-fine texture. You may have to make two batches depending on the amount of salmon.
8. Add to the mixing bowl with the bacon and pepper mixture along with the egg and mix.
9. Add the almond meal and mix well. Form into patties and fry in the skillet with the fat of your choice.