Sunday, September 18, 2011

I'm doing the Whole 30





I have been messing around and in general just failing for a couple of months now.  I'm tired of it.  I don't feel as good as I used to and I don't feel like I can call myself Paleo when I'm not really fulfilling my obligations of living a Paleo lifestyle.  I thought about telling my family and friends to check in on me and ask me how things are going but you know what...it's not their responsibility.  When I went Paleo on January 3rd I didn't ask anyone to check in on me, I didn't ask them to hold me responsible.  As a matter of fact I didn't tell anyone I had started Paleo.  I chose that path on my own and held myself responsible for my choices.  I refused all non-Paleo food items and as time passed people began to understand that I was eating differently and I would tell them when they asked but I didn't trumpet the fact. 


Well, something has to change.  I need to be responsible to myself for getting back on track but I also want those around me to know that I'm serious about this and that Paleo isn't some short term diet program.  I don't mind if they want to inquire about how things are going but more importantly I want to feel proud when I answer that question.  So I'm committing myself to a Whole 30, starting right now (9:41pm).  I'll post some updates here on my blog and occasionally on twitter (I don't use that very much) and I'm also going to post on my personal facebook page so everyone knows what I'm up to.