Thursday, September 29, 2011

Carrot and Sweet Potato Salad

Okay, I have to admit that I really sort of botched the original recipe.  It was towards the end of my cooking marathon and I was completely out of steam.  Having said that, I think it really turned out okay.  I guess what I have is something similar to the original but a recipe that's sort of it's own.



Carrot and Sweet Potato Salad

4 Carrots, sliced
2 sweet potatoes, cubed
1 bay leaf
2 cinnamon sticks

For the dressing:
2 garlic cloves, diced
4T cider vinegar
4T olive oil
pinch of allspice
1T. coconut sugar
2T mint leaves, chopped
3-4 T pumpkin seeds

1. Mix all the dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Put the carrot and sweet potato in a large saucepan with the bay leaf and cinnamon and cover with water.  Bring to a boil and cook until tender.  Drain and dry completely. 
3. Transfer the carrots and sweet potato to the bowl with the dressing and toss to coat.