Zucchini and Sun dried Tomato Tart
1-2 medium sized zucchini, cut into rounds about 1/4 inch thick
1 large shallot, diced
1/2 C sun dried tomatoes, diced
2 T. olive oil
3 to 4 eggs
1 pre bake rosemary tart shell (recipe follows)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and add the zucchini rounds. Saute over medium high heat until the zucchini start to brown. Remove from skillet and place on paper towel to soak up any excess oil.
- Add the shallot and tomatoes to the skillet and cook until the onion starts to get soft. Remove the mixture from the skillet into a bowl and set aside.
- Lay the zucchini on your tart crust in an even layer. Top with the tomato-shallot mixture.
- Whisk the eggs in bowl and then gently pour over the veggies in the tart shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until the eggs are cooked. (note: You may want to lay some aluminum foil over the edge of the tart crust so that it doesn't get to dark.)
1 1/2 C blanched almond flour
1/2 t. salt
1 T. minced fresh rosemary
1/4 C. grape seed oil
1 T. water
- In a bowl combine the almond flour, salt and rosemary.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oil and water and whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine.
- Press the dough into a 9 inch tart pan. (My pan was larger so I increased my recipe including the filling.)
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Remove and let it completely cool before you add your filling.